“To devote a portion of one’s leisure to doing something for someone else is one of the highest forms of recreation.” Gerald B. Fitzgerald
You can make a difference as a Promise Village Volunteer!
Promise Village relies heavily on our volunteers. Check out our latest volunteer opportunities below.
“Comedy for a Cause”
Promise Village has four “Comedy for a Cause” events a year and needs about 70 volunteers for each event. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that is done in order for these events to occur. I truly mean it when I say that we would not be able to have these events without our wonderful volunteers!! If you’ve never helped before, it’s not difficult and you will have a great time! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.
The 2018 event dates are listed below, as well as the areas that we need help with.
- May 18th
- September 21st
- November 9th
Call us for more information.
Please make sure to email Brandy if you are interested in helping with one of these areas. There is a volunteer training at the church at 5:15 pm on the day of the event.
- Flyer Distribution: We have flyers approximately 1 month prior to the event and need help posting them in local businesses (Christian bookstores, coffee shops, and/or anywhere that has bulletin boards) and churches. Flyers can be mailed to you if you are willing to help with this.
- Set-up: There is a lot of set-up to be done on the day of the event. If you are able to help at the church at 1:00 pm, it would be great to have your help!
- Greeters: Greeters pass out programs to everyone as they come into the sanctuary. This task requires volunteers to be at the church no later than 5:15 pm. The doors open at 6:00 pm, but we need to insure that no one is able to enter the sanctuary before that time.
- Ushers: Ushers have a small responsibility at the beginning of the event and then they pass out, or collect, the offering trays in the middle of the event. This task requires volunteers to be at the church no later than 6:15 pm, but 5:15 is preferred so that volunteer training can be done at one time.
- Clean-up: The church asks that we help pick up items that were left in the sanctuary. They also might ask for help vacuuming. Many hands make light work!!! If you are able to stay for 20 minutes after the event, please consider helping with this. I’ve heard that it’s a bear to get through all of the traffic anyway, so why not help clean-up while you wait for the majority of guests to leave?
Outdoor/Indoor Clean-Up Workdays (please call or email)
Please contact us if you have a specific volunteer request. You can also be added to our volunteer email database to receive announcements of activities by entering your information in the box on the left.