If your child is struggling with any of these warning signs, you may want to contact us.
- They are defiant, oppositional, and/or rebellious.
- They have an inability or unwillingness to manage their anger appropriately.
- They are disrespectful of parents and/or other authority figures.
- They do not take responsibility for poor decision-making.
- They choose to associate with negative peers.
- They are underachieving and/or are having behavioral problems in school.
- They seem depressed, anxious, or are dealing with other internal struggles.
- You suspect that they have used drugs and/or alcohol.
- They are secretive, dishonest, and/or covert operators.
- They display a growing disdain for members of the family.
- They display low self-esteem and/or a poor attention span.
- They do not seem to care about the feelings of others (especially their parents).
- They cause significant stress/chaos in the home.
- They have had a drastic behavioral or personality change in recent months or years.
- They do not seem to care about or plan for their future.
- You have tried to help/reach them and they have been resistant/unresponsive.
You may consider the Promise Village program if…
- Your whole world has turned upside-down because of your child’s behavior(s).
- Your other children are being adversely impacted and are starting to struggle.
- You are fearful of what your child may do or what might happen to them if things don’t change.
- You know that things are terribly wrong, but nothing has changed, no matter what you have tried.
- You are willing to do anything to change the destructive course that you know your child is currently on.
The hurt, confusion, fear, and uncertainty of dealing with a struggling child or troubled teen is almost unbearable for a parent. It feels like you have tried everything and just cannot reach your child. It is so painful to see the beautiful child that you have raised, turn their back on you and your efforts. It seems as though they are spinning so out of control, that you cannot imagine what it will take to get them back. You are stunned at their level of disrespect, dishonoring, lying, and acting out. You are fearful that they may make a negative decision that will impact their life forever. It feels as though a stranger lives in your house and you are weary of walking on pins and needles.
The one thing that you do know is that there is still a wonderful kid somewhere inside of them. You still have hopes, dreams, and a belief that things can change. You long for the day when your child will look at you the way they used to and know that you have their best interest in mind and would do anything for them. We at Promise Village believe that day can come. Your struggling child or troubled teen may need for you to make a life-altering decision on their behalf. If not, the journey of their downward spiral could end in a devastating result. The last thing you want is for your child to be a sad statistic. You have thought…you have searched…you have prayed. Your journey has brought you to this website. Please review it carefully and prayerfully. Do not hesitate to call for more information. Residential treatment is an intensive level of care. Drastic situations take drastic measures and the outcomes can be drastically wonderful. Take action today…time is of the essence.
Promise Village’s residential treatment program is a life-changing opportunity for your child/teen and your family. It is truly a place for your child to heal, change, and grow. We have seen many lives that have been heading toward destruction and have radically changed for the better and continue to do awesome today. We would consider it a privilege to work with you, your precious child, and family.
- Adoption Issues in Boys
- Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Behavioral Warning Signs
- Compulsive Personality Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Runaway Teens
- Teen Alcohol Abuse
- Teen Anger
- Teen Depression
- Teen Drug Use
- Teenage Mood Disorders